So I mentioned a couple of days ago that we had an old window from our basement laundry room. Since old windows are another one of my mini obsessions, I knew I would keep it and turn it into something cute.
Here are a few pictures of the window before:
The first thing I did was scrape off the putty that was holding the glass in place. I started with an exacto knife, moved onto an old kitchen knife, then moved onto a chisel and hammer. It was almost impossible to get off. It took forever.
I then gave the whole window a light sanding with fine-grit (150) sandpaper and an electric sander. I made sure to leave some blue/green paint on so that it would show through when I distressed the window later.
Next I primed the window with Fresh Start Primer from Benjamin Moore.
Once the paint was dry (I used my hairdryer for help) I once again sanded the whole window with an electric sander and 150-grit sandpaper. I took off quite a bit of paint so that I would see some of the window’s character: the old paint finish and where the hinges were, etc.
PIN THIS TO SAVE FOR LATER